It is Jul 2018, I need help after several attempts to sync a full node running on a Mac Mini.
I have tried several times and Bitcoin-qt starts pretty well for the initial sync, downloading with progress that ranges from 1% per hour up to 3 % per hour. But when sync goes around 30% (blockchain around 50 GB) sync slows down to 0.2% per hour so it’d take weeks.
- 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- OSX 10.13.6
- 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive
- RAM 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
- Good internet speed.
- Installed Bitcoin Core implementation 0.16
- I tried both, installing the .dmg for mac and also tried to homebrew
- Both successful in the beginning, and then sync goes down
I get good connections, and I have the port 8333 opened so I have no clue of what is going on, whether it is problem with the hardware (mac works fine) or the implementation.
Actually I have been running Litecoin and Monero nodes in the same hardware, implementing OSX builts and those worked fine, but Bitcion Core doesn’t .
I hope someone can help me, if faced the same difficulties with bitcoin.
I really would like to succeed in this and support the network